Benedictine University’ English as a Second Language Program provides international students with an opportunity to pursue intensive English in a convenient and affordable format.
Many students are eager to earn a degree from the United States, but are concerned about the time and cost of learning English. At Benedictine University, students have the option to not submit a TOEFL or IELTS and instead apply for conditional acceptance to a degree seeking program pending successful completion of the ESL program.
Students applying to a degree seeking program who will attend the ESL program as a condition of their acceptance should plan to submit their completed application three months prior to their anticipated start date. Students do not need to complete a separate application for the ESL program; please indicate on the degree seeking application that you plan to complete ESL prior to beginning your degree seeking program.
Students interested applying to a degree seeking program with successful completion of ESL as a condition should contact email@example.com
to determine the specific requirements for the program to which they plan to apply.
Applying for ESL ONLY: Benedictine University understands many students are interested in studying ESL in an intensive program but would like to return home to complete their degree. Students interested in pursuing this option do not need to apply to a degree seeking program; they can apply directly to the ESL program.
After attending the ESL program, if students then choose to apply to the degree seeking program they can complete the application and submit the documents required for the degree seeking program.
Application Requirements for ESL Program:
Tuition and Fees:
- English as a Second Language Application for Admission
- A current TOEFL or IELTS report if completed
- Personal Statement or interview with Benedictine Employee
- Housing Form if living on campus
- Unofficial Transcripts from most recent school attended
- International Student Health Form
- Photocopy of Valid Passport ID Page
- Official Bank Statement
Benedictine University strives to make education in the United States affordable for international students. Intensive full time instruction, 20 hours per week
helps students achieve their goal of learning English. Our courses provide opportunities for students to cover the basics of English language at a high level and gain an understanding of US academic culture. At Benedictine University, you will be part of a friendly and supportive academic and social community
that attracts students from a wide range of backgrounds. You will be learning in small classes led by experts in teaching English for academic purposes
in state-of-the-art classrooms, all at an affordable rate.
| ||Spring Session 1(8 week session) ||Spring Session 2 (8 week session) ||Summer (4 week session) ||Fall Session 1 (8 week session) ||Fall Session 2 (8 week session)
|Tuition and Room, Board, and Meal Estimate ||$3000 ||$3000 ||$1500 ||$3000 ||$3000
|Living Expenses ||$625.00 ||$625.00 ||$315.00 ||$625.00 ||$625.00
|Total ||$3625.00 ||$3625.00 ||$1815.00 ||$3625.00 ||$3625.00
- The Benedictine University English Language Program offers intensive courses in English for Academic Purposes ESL for international and local students of non-English speaking background who wish to pursue higher education at an American university.
- Intensive full time instruction, 20 hours per week. Our courses provide opportunities for students to cover the basics of English language at a high level and gain an understanding of US academic culture.
- At Benedictine University, you will be part of a friendly and supportive academic and social community that attracts students from a wide range of backgrounds. You will be learning in small classes led by experts in teaching English for academic purposes in state-of-the-art classrooms.
- Students will have opportunities to mix socially with American students and to join educational visits to cultural, historical and entertainment venues in the Chicago area.